It’s fun to buy clothes for the girl, and even more fun to do if you are the creative type. There is no reason to buy the fabric, if you have an old T-shirt. A little improvisation is all it takes to turn into a well-worn clothes cute dress a little girl. Children grow up quickly and is difficult to keep up with their wardrobe, so instead of spending a lot of money on clothes, recycled or re-purpose an old t-shirt for something new for your growing little girl. There are dozens of options, but sometimes a more simple method is the best way to get the task done.
- Decide where you want to attach the skirt T-shirt and measure either your waist or hips. Measure from this point to the knee area to determine the full length of the skirt and dress. Measure around your hips and doubles its width, add one inch for each seam.
- Use a T-shirt that fits your size needed for this project, together with a coordinating fabric, which can be used for the skirt. Worn clothing works well with the skirt fabric, so you do not have to buy new fabric advised by Hyperrestaurant.
- Place the fabric skirt on the table and press with an iron to get rid of wrinkles and preshrink it if necessary. Even if you gather the fabric, the accuracy is important.
- Measure and mark out a rectangular piece of cloth skirt according to the measurements. Pin the side seams, right sides together and sew, using a straight stitch. Gather the top edge of the skirt by driving over a wide zigzag stitch on a piece of nylon thread. Stick a pin at one end of the stitching and wind the nylon string to secure it in a figure eight around the cleat. Pull the other end of the nylon thread by pressing the fabric with the other hand. Collect it right waist.
- Finish sewing the hem by hand, or if it is to play dress uses a simple straight stitch sewing machine to save time.
Connect Skirt T-Shirt
- Determine where you would like to attach the skirt and cut off the lower part of the shirt, if necessary, by reserving enough for ½-inch seam.
- Turn the skirt so it is not right-versa. With the t-shirt right side out, tucked it inside the skirt so that the bottom edge is aligned with the edge of the skirt gathered. Pin the raw edges together, ensuring the collection skirt are all uniform.
- Stitch T-shirt and skirt together using a straight stitch, which gathered skirt the top of the T-shirt. Make sure to keep the zigzag stitch is used to gather the skirt side seam straight stitching so it does not show. Press and hold the folds in place of the left hand margin fabrics for sewing foot pressure.
- Cut off the excess bulk, and press the seam open. Be careful not to press the wrinkles collect when you apply the final touch to the dress. Turn the skirt right side out and see how it fits with the little girl.