As is already in the header to read, this article deals with the test of the Canon PIXMA MG 6150, will start I with the technical data.
- Innovative operating concept with intelligent touch system
- 6 separate ink tanks including grey
- 9,600 dpi; 1 picoliter; 10 x 15 cm print in approx. 20 s
- Full HD movie print
- Approx. 12.5/9.3 ISO pages per minute (SW/color)
- LAN and Wi-Fi
- Duplex unit, CD/DVD printing
- 4,800 dpi scanner
Scope of delivery:
- Power cord
- 6 ink tanks
- CD / DVD direct printing slot
- Cleaning paper
- Test set Canon photo paper (10 x 15)
- Operating instructions
- Software CD
To note at the time of purchase is that no USB connection cable is supplied. To immediately go to print with the Canon PIXMA MG6150, you should get before this.
Review of Canon PIXMA MG 6150
The printer is very easy to use due to the high resolution printing and the touch screen. The “screen” of the printer can be easily by light pressure to lift a manual button. Then, the Canon PIXMA 6150 MG via the touch panel can be operated. Following elements can be controlled.
- Photo reprint
- Photo fun printing
- Slide show
- Document printing
- Special print
The possible multiple use Wi-Fi and LAN is very advantageous. For the Wi-Fi, a menu item “Wireless Setup”, where can be very easy to configure the WLAN port located in establishing extra. About the software “CD Label Print” CD labels you can easily create, which can then be printed via a built-in tray in the printer. Another advantage is that the front flap opens automatically before printing started. In addition to the paper tray, there is even a cassette, to allow fast switching between plain and photo paper. Very well, I think the 6 ink tanks, through which it is possible to print very sparingly. This system is known also in similar form by other Canon devices.
Printerhall now lists the printer cartridges used in the Canon PIXMA MG6150:
- Ink cartridge replace cyan CLI526C
- Ink Cartridge yellow replaces CLI526Y
- Ink cartridge replaced magenta CLI526M
- Ink cartridge replaced black photo CLI526BK
- Ink cartridge pigmented black text PGI525PGBK replaced
- Cartridge grey replaced CLI526GY
- Replaced 5 ink cartridges PGI-525PGBK and CLI-526
My conclusion: I can only recommend this printer. The price is approximately 170,-€ is very reasonable.
Error: I noticed, that when I leave the printer turned on, and twice shut off the PC at the boot up a message about a printing error on the Canon PIXMA MG6150 will appear. I use Windows 7, don’t know unfortunately if there exists a direct error.